Kritika Singh is a beauty and skincare lover. To give wings to her love for the same she blogs at ApunKaChoice.com, an entertainment and lifestyle blog dedicated to keeping you entertained as you take care of your health, skin, and hair. When not blogging, you would see her hopping cafes and sipping a cuppa.
Five Amazing Hair Masks for Dry Hair
Do you miss the natural lush of your long hair? Do you feel guilty about using harsh dyes and treatments that leave your hair fragile, frizzy, dull, and rough to touch? Well, a hair mask could be a solution.
Ready-to-apply hair masks available in the market are easy to use and can condition your hair with a single application. Unlike hair conditioners that need to be used after every wash, you can use hair masks once in a couple of weeks for smooth and shiny hair.
What are Hair Masks?
Hair masks keep your hair hydrated, conditioned, and nourished. They are intensive hair conditioners that need to be applied less often for a long-lasting result. The hair mask is usually applied for 20 minutes to hours, depending on the type of hair.
There are different types of hair masks available in the market for all types of hair. Here we will look at some of the most effective hair masks for dry and frizzy hair.
Hair Masks for Dry Hair
1. St.Botanica Moroccan Argan Hair Mask
The product gives you hair to fall in love with. It makes your hair silky, smooth, soft, and frizz-free. The hair mask reinvigorates and revitalizes hair within five minutes of its application. It contains Moroccan Argan Oil, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B5 that help strengthens, repair, and restore weak hair. The product creates a protective shield to fight off damages from heat styling. Men and women can use the mask. It is free from parabens, harsh chemicals, and sulfate.
2. Intensive Hair Repair Masque Japapatti & Brahmi
Most hair masks should be applied after shampoo. Japapatti and Brahmi hair mask by Forest Essential, however, is to be applied before shampooing. Its ingredients include Brahmi, Nagarmotha, and Methi that help deeply condition, protect, and repair damaged hair. The mask can give you hydrated, shiny, and glossy hair. The mask, however, should be left on the scalp for 30 minutes before shampooing for the best results.
3. Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair with Liquid Keratin Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask
The product has a thick and creamy texture that helps intensively repair and care for the hair. It is infused with the goodness of liquid keratin that creates a protective shield to prevent damages. It contains a fast-acting formula. You can expect the product to start working soon after a minute of its application. The hair mask can help reduce hair fall and rebuild hair structure.
4. Plum Olive & Macadamia Mega Moisturizing Hair Mask
The product is beneficial for chemically damaged hair. Prolonged use of heat styling, dyes, colours, and exposure to chemicals can leave hair dry, dull, and rough. Plum Olive & Macadamia Mega Moisturising Hair Mask contains the goodness of shea butter that helps hydrate the hair and make them easy to manage. Applying the product once or twice a week can give you soft and beautiful hair. Men and women can use the mask. It contains no mineral oil, silicone, and paraben. It comes in recyclable packing.
5. L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Argan Oil Rich Hair Masque
The product contains highly concentrated natural oil and is ideal for thick, dry, and unruly hair. It nourishes the hair and brings back the shine. Its key ingredients include Argan oil and myrrh extract, which are known for their hair care properties. The Argan oil is enriched with Vitamin E that deeply nourishes the hair and scalp. The myrrh extract helps repair and heal the hair. The mask gives you smooth and easy to manage hair.
Benefits of Hair Mask
Hair masks give you more than just shiny-looking hair. Let us look at some of the benefits:
- Hair masks help restore moisture lost due to chemical exposure. Regular application of a hair mask can, in fact, help lock in the moisture of the scalp and keep hair hydrated.
- You can protect your hair from damages by external factors such as pollution and UV rays by using a hair mask ideal for your hair type.
- People who regularly use hair masks have less frizzy hair. Their hair is manageable and tangle-free.
- Hair masks nourish the scalp for healthier and strong hair.
How to apply a Hair Mask?
There are two types of hair masks – ready to use and DIY. The ready-to-use hair masks are available in the market and can be used instantly. However, a DIY hair mask may require some prior preparation as you will have to soak ingredients a night before applying. No matter what type of hair mask you choose, here are a few things to consider during and after applying it:
- Cover your clothes from the shoulder and neck to prevent staining. You can drape an old towel for protection.
- Divide the hair into sections for easy and overall application of the mask.
- Start from the scalp and then to the tip of the hair. This will ensure the ingredients of the mask reach the roots of the hair.
- Once you have applied the hair mask, cover your hair with a shower cap. You can also wrap an old towel to prevent dripping.
- Leave the mask on for 10-30 minutes as advised by the manufacturer. Read through the label and instruction of applying for best results. Some hair masks should be left on for five minutes, while some require more than 20 minutes.
- Rinse the hair with cold or lukewarm water. You may have to rinse the hair more than two times.
Hair masks can give you beautiful looking, healthy, and strong hair. When buying a hair mask, always read through its ingredients. Go for a product with natural ingredients that is free from chemicals.
WANT TO SEE MORE? VISIT BEAUTYCONSPIRATOR
Thanks for reading: Five Amazing Hair Masks for Dry Hair!