Jewellery is more than just a piece of adornment. It reflects the wearer’s sentiments, thoughts and attitude towards life. It’s an ideal and perfect personal way to express style. Be it an earring, nose ring, a bracelet or the finger ring, each piece of jewellery narrates a story. With the trend of customized jewellery, especially the engagement rings and wedding rings, being on the rise, there are many designers you can choose from. But, to find the perfect Jewellery Designer for your statement pieces, you need to be well versed with the concept of jewellery designing and its parts. If you’ve already found a piece of jewellery you like the look of, sending the designer the listing of it would be a good starting point. But first of all, you need to choose the right designer. Here are some Tips for choosing an Excellent Jewellery Designer!
How to select the correct Jewellery Designer
Some stores sell jewellery by the dozen. Those stores are well-reputed, have been in the business for years and have the required experience, and know the nerve of the customers. Yet, the customized Jewellery Designer is on the rise. The reason is simple – people want to be an active part behind the creation of their jewellery. Be it a particular symbol, a particular gemstone pairing or simply having something quirky to flaunt, the Jewellery Designer knows the importance of creating and breathing life into those designs for their customers. The quality of the customized piece created by a master jeweller is far superior to that of a mass-produced jewellery.
Here is how you can choose the perfect Jewellery Designer for your everyday style:
- Experience – jewellery designing is a creative and intensive process. Apart from the technicality, experience speaks a lot in terms of speed and grasping of the idea. If you are looking for trendsetting pieces then an experienced Jewellery Designer should be your go-to.
- Fresh ideas – while the experience is a must, often it is seen that fresh ideas come from the newbies. Whether it is a statement neck-piece or a simple and elegant earring, the trendsetters often come from the house of new designers. What you want to adorn will help you choose the correct Jewellery Designer for you.
- Open to suggestions – if you have a creative flair and want to see your pieces come to life then you need to look for a Jewellery Designer who sits with their clients and chalks out the intricate details of the jewellery. In the paper, many ideas seem worthwhile but in technicality, they often fail. Gold for example, if you want a heavily decorated piece then you need to choose 18 to 20 carat. 22-carat pure gold will never be able to retain their structure with the weight. These details will be chalked out with you by the designer.
- Works within a budget – while you want to customize your favourite ring, you do not want to blow a hole in your budget. Here, you need to look for such a Jewellery Designer who knows the importance of time and money for you. Fitting your design within the budget will be a discussion they will have with you and proceed only when you have given the green signal.
- After-sale services – jewellery need servicing too, like resetting of stone and polishing. You need to look for a designer who will also provide you with after-sales servicing.
One thing that you should bear in mind is that the Jewellery Designer you have chosen is a bond that you form which is not very different from the jewellery you select. It is a long term relationship and trust in each other is explicitly essential. Don’t just depend on reviews and ratings for what suits one may not suit you. Once you have shortlisted a few, you can go to their stores or workplace and see for yourself the vibe and the person. This will help you understand if they will understand your vision or they will bring in their flavour to your creation.
WANT TO SEE MORE? VISIT BEAUTYCONSPIRATOR
Check out my previous INGLOT AMC EYELINER REVIEW