Tatcha Skincare Review/ Is it Worth the Hype?
If you read my blog for a longer time, you know that I have a very dry skin that very often drives me crazy. I’m not able to wear proper coverage foundation or even a concealer due to it getting flaky and forming dry patches o my skin. I almost always use only lightest coverage BB Cream (L’oreal Paris Youth Code Luminizer is my favorite). That’s why I am always up for trying out new skincare products in order to find THE ONE, THE BEST, THE MOST AMAZING product to help my dry skin become more hydrated and stop with those dry patches…
One day I was watching random YouTube videos and stumbled upon Kalel’s vlog where she talked about a skincare brand I’ve never heard of, called TATCHA. She said she swears by their Essence and told how it helped her problematic, dry skin.
After googling a lot about this brand I decided to order their Starter Ritual set for Dry Skin. It costs 59$, you get 4 travel sized products and three samples of your choice.
What it is:
Discover the ritual for dry skin. This two-week introduction deeply hydrates for a glowing, replenished complexion.
Sidenote: For me it lasted a month using it almost everyday and I used it generously not really saving the product.
Why it’s different:
As simple as it is elegant, the geisha’s skincare ritual is based on pure, minimalist ingredients. These natural actives are as effective as they are pure, advanced by science to reveal brighter, smoother, baby-soft skin.
Lets discuss the products one by one:
Lets start from Tatcha Ageless Enriching Renewal Cream – 10 ml | 0.3 fl. oz.
- Deeply hydrates;
- Sinks into the skin in seconds after applying it;
- Leaves my skin feeling fresh and plumped.
Polished Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder – 10 g | 0.3 oz.
- Looks like a granulated sugar but after mixing it with water forms a bubbly paste;
- I really didn’t expect that this paste could exfoliate anything because HOW ANY PASTE COULD DO IT? My previous facial exfoliators had a lot of small sugar like pieces that scrub off dead skin and this one was so gentle to my skin that I really didn’t expect it to exfoliate antyhing, but believe me it did it’s job..;
- It left my skin feeling like a baby butt and was so gentle to the face.
Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil – 25 ml | 0.8 fl. oz.
- Has an oily, pleasant texture;
- Washes off any makeup (mascara, foundation, water resistant eyeliner);
- Has a very convenient pump;
- Even though it’s just the first step of the ritual, my skin already feels more moisturized compared to other cleansing oils I used before.
The Essence – 25 ml | 0.8 fl. oz.
Soften, plump and hydrate skin with this fluid of 98.7% pure anti-aging superfoods that makes all your skincare work better.
- The reason my relationship with Tatcha began!
- I had biggest hopes for this product. The consistency is like waters. It has almost no smell;
- Soaks into the skin in mili-seconds. Gives a feeling of moisture immediately. I could actually stop with this product and not put any other cream on my skin, because it feels like my face is already moisturized enough just from 3 drops of this product.
I have to note that I bought the bigger amount of Essence seperately (150ml). The one that came with the set was 25ml and I was so obsessed with it that I had to order a full size. It lived up to my expectations!
It is so far my biggest discovery of 2018. I fell in love with every single product in this set. After a month of using it, no joke, I was able to apply FOUNDATION and even concealer on my skin without it getting flaky or patchy. For most people it’s a normal thing, but for my skin it’s a big achievement. The word RITUAL is a perfect definition of using these products. Every evening I was enjoying so much while going through this whole cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing process…
There is one downside to this brand though…. THE PRICE… The full size set of these products cost 355$.
If you suffer from a very problematic and dry skin and have at least 59$ in your bank account, don’t doubt and order at least the starter set and see if it will help your skin as much as it helped mine.
THANK YOU FOR READING!